Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kim Bain Kicks Bass

While much has been written in the past few months about the first woman to almost win the democratic nomination for president and the first woman to tank a presidential election for the republicans, I have to give props to Kim Bain, the first woman to qualify for the Bassmaster Classic. It's the first time a woman will fish the Classic in its 38-year history.


I know this might come as a surprise, but I know nothing about fishing. I never understood those bumper stickers that said "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work," and I don't think the fish would agree with those sentiments. But I think Bain's accomplishment trancends Bass fishing and is historic. It took women like Annika Sorenstam and Danica Patrick to break their respective sports out of relative obscurity and generate mainstream excitement, so here's hoping that Bain can secure some lucrative endorsements.

No comments:

Post a Comment